Financial Modelling Analyst
Who we are:
Operis is a specialist firm of consultants providing financial modelling expertise and related advisory services to financial institutions involved in major projects and structured financings, including P3s, infrastructure and energy transactions. Headquartered in London, England, Operis was established in 1990 and opened an office in Toronto in 2014 which is growing rapidly. Its involvement in transactions includes building the financial models, auditing those built by others, and providing structuring advice. It is a leading independent provider of P3 financial advice in Europe, and is developing the same services in North America. The company comprises some 50 individuals, 14 based in Toronto, with very strong academic backgrounds and a dedicated approach to their work. More information is available at www.operis.com.
Main responsibility: To provide financial modelling and analytic expertise for a wide range of model build, model audit, and systems development assignments and related activities.
- Using financial and numerical analysis to operate, enhance and fine-tune models
- Supporting the Advisory team’s work through building bespoke systems for clients
- Building financial models to a specification provided by the Project Manager. All aspects of modelling may be required to support the completion of a project.
- Completing the detailed analysis of a model and associated documentation in order to provide assurances on a model audit.
This job might be for you if…
- You love numbers and everything about them
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You pay attention to details. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly.
- You communicate clearly, write well and speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing, over the phone and over video meetings.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
What we offer:
- In house training and mentorship
- $50,000 salary per year, rising to $55,000 on successful completion of a 6 month probationary period
- 22 days of holiday per year
- RRSP contributions
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto
- Opportunity to study for your CFA
- Fun work environment
- Please include your cover letter, CV, transcript and information about your right to work status for Canada in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will take place in May 2019
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment selection process is available. Operis is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment, where everyone feels valued and respected.