Are you bilingual, highly motivated and client-centred? If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services to respond to inquiries and provide Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) information to a diverse clientele, the public, advocacy groups and agencies.
*This is a bilingual position only.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide customer service and consultation to clients
- collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
- make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
- explain legislation and ministry initiatives
- prepare a range of communication materials
- plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
How do I qualify?
- You must have advanced level verbal French language skills and advanced minus level written French language skills and be proficient in English
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- you can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
- you have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
- you have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
- you demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity/inclusion of applicants/clients and co-workers
- you have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
- you have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
- you have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
- you have knowledge of labour market trends
- you are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
- you demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
- you have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
- you are able to work in a team environment
Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
Salary Range: $1,165.54 - $1,400.09 per week
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 119 King St W, Hamilton, West Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, March 1, 2019, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 133333 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.