The Odyssey Language-Assistant Program
The Odyssey Language-Assistant Program is a 9-month, paid, professional work experience program offering participants the opportunity to travel to another province or territory.
Under the supervision of a teacher, participants work as Language-Assistants in a school environment to motivate, encourage, and enrich the lives of students while sharing their language and culture.
For more information, please visit www.myodyssey.ca
Role and responsibilities:
- Organizing cultural and linguistic activities
- Motivating and encouraging students while promoting language fluency
- Sharing your language and culture through art, music, stories, games, etc
- Please note: Language Assistants do NOT replace teachers
- $25,000 for 9 months (September 2020 to May 2021)
- 25 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Pan-Canadian training session (for first-time participants)
- Provincial training session(s)
- Possibility of receiving travel allowances
- Possibility of obtaining university credits
- All school holidays off
In order to qualify for the Odyssey program, you must:
- Have solid English or French language skills (oral and written);
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada; and
- Have completed, by the start of your work term and within the last 10 years, at least one full
- year of postsecondary studies in any field.
- Please note: Bilingualism is NOT a requirement and there is no age limit for participation.
- Creativity and enthusiasm about sharing your language and culture
- Experience working or volunteering with children or youth
- Experience teaching, tutoring, coaching or mentoring others
- Experience traveling or participating in exchange opportunities
- Basic skills in your second official language of Canada
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Create an application online at www.myodyssey.ca and send your documents before
February 28, 2019.