Registered Nurse, Maternity
Reporting to the Unit Manager, this Maternity focused position identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs. The Registered Nurse is guided by CRNBC standards of Nursing Practice.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Labour and Delivery / Recovery / Post Partum: Two (2) years recent related experience with a significant labour and delivery component, working in an acute care setting and / or recent completion of an Advanced Obstetrical Certificate and / or recent Midwifery Certificate. Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.