Combined Laboratory/X-Ray Technologist
Performs a variety of laboratory and medical imaging procedures within the scope of their certification including but not limited to the assaying of biological fluids, taking of basic xrays. These procedures may be performed in Chemistry, Haematology and Urinalysis. Performs a variety of procedures in the XRay area including the taking of and developing of XRay films. Provides standby and callback for the Radiology and Laboratory Departments where this schedule is provided.
Employees in this classification work between the Laboratory and Radiology departments as workload dictates and provide relief and backup for vacation and sick time as required.
- Successful completion of a Combined Laboratory/Xray Technologist program.
- Registration with the respective Professional Association.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize and coordinate the workload.
- Ability to perform related procedures and operate related equipment.
- Ability to work independently and adapt procedures to individual situations.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field to ensure high standards of patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients, departmental, medical and nursing staff and outside agencies.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Located in the beautiful Robson Valley, Valemount is nestled between the Canadian Rockies, the Monashee Mountains and the Cariboo Mountains. Valemount is the home of Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies and the origin of the Fraser River. The major industries include forestry, ranching, and tourism.