HERE WE GROW AGAIN! SEEKING MOTIVATED TEAM PLAYERS! JOB RE-POSTING
The urban Aboriginal youth we serve will have increased confidence, self-esteem and leadership abilities. They will develop skills and a strong attachment to the workforce that will make them more employable and provide them with greater stability. NPAAMB will be a leader in supporting our youth as they transform into leaders contributing to their communities.
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board is seeking a:
Contract Ends May 31, 2019 (40 hours per week)
Location: Head Office, Ohsweken, Ontario
- Post-secondary education in Business or Public Administration or a related field and a minimumof 3 years experience preferably working for an Indigenous organization in a partnershipdevelopment capacity
- Demonstrated experience liaising and influencing partners to promote, communicate, andimplement change and improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and their histories
- Knowledge of social issues impacting urban Indigenous youth
- Working knowledge of office computer systems including: Windows 10 OS and MAC iOS.Applications include: Office 2016 (includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) for MAC andWindows, and Office 365 with Sharepoint Online and One Drive. Also a working knowledge ofbusiness use of smart phones and mobile devices is required.
- Develop and cultivate existing and new partnerships with the intent of identifying and addressingplans to fill the labour force gaps
- Assist in coordinating meetings of the partners and follow up on action items
- Assist in developing and carrying out a recruitment plan to attract employers to hire urbanIndigenous youth upon completion of training
- Assist in organizing sector partnership training and participate in training
- Assist in organizing the delivery of cultural safety training for sector partners
Client Market and Recruitment:
- Assist in developing and carrying out a recruitment strategy to attract urban Indigenousyouth to participate in NPAAMB’s training
- Assist in overseeing the development and distribution of infographic labour marketinformation
- Assist in managing the production of a series of short videos promoting the sectors indemand.
- Through verbal and written reports, communicates the progress of activities to supervisor on amonthly basis
- Assist in carrying out the evaluation framework for the project’s expected outcomes.
The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license, ability to work overtime periodically, and ability to travel t o fulfill the duties of the position.
Mail, Courier or email your Resume and/or CV, and 3-work-related references,to the attention of:
Brandee Sandy, Office Manager email@example.com
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr. Box 9| Ohsweken ON N0A 1M0
Applicants are encouraged to request the e-copy of the job description from Brandee Sandy, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: POSTING UNTIL FILLED
Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary range: $48,000 - $52,000 per annum
All offers of employment are contingent upon receipt and acceptance of Vulnerable SectorCPIC
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An Equal Opportunity Employer. PREFERENCE TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES OF ABORIGINAL DESCENT WILL BE GIVEN
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com