The NFAMC is searching for a passionate professional with extensive experience managing volunteers, social media platforms and special event planning. By joining our dynamic team, your work will be meaningful and will have an impact locally and beyond.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for building the volunteer capacity within the organization and streamlining processes for the recruitment, screening, placement, training, recognition and evaluation of volunteers within the context of the organizational policies and procedures, Core Values and Service Principles. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining strong community relationships and partnerships.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, establish goals and timeframes for the implementation and ongoing operation of a comprehensive volunteer program.
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive Procedures manual, including volunteer policies and training requirements.
- Engage community agencies and educational institutions to help increase their level of awareness of the volunteer opportunities available at the NFAMC.
- Engage NFAMC clients – at all of the organization’s locations, to increase client involvement in the organization, its programs and events, and to help promote volunteering.
- Manage the Centre’s Social Media Accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) with the support of recruited volunteers, the Program Coordinators and direction of the Executive Director.
- Develop and deliver specialized training for Program Coordinators and each volunteer.
- Organize regular volunteer recognition activities, in partnership with community partners whenever possible.
- Lead the coordination of the Communications and Marketing Committee to develop a communications work plan for the Centre.
- Ensure accuracy is achieved for the completion of volunteer applications, and the capturing and reporting of data; develop, maintain and analyze volunteer database which will include attendance, training, outcomes achievement and generate reports.
Qualifications/ Required Experience
- Degree or diploma in Volunteer Management is preferred. Formal education in one of the following may be an acceptable alternative: Human Resource Management; Public Relations; Corporate Communications or Marketing Communications Management.
- Experience managing people, gained from a minimum of three years of experience in Volunteer Management – recruiting, screening, training and evaluating.
- Strong track-record in managing business-level social media platforms and creating communications and marketing plans.
- Substantiated experience with designing and facilitating training and developing training tools.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining community relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to communicate with, supervise, empower and motivate volunteers.
- Experience with special event planning - managing event logistics and resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, problem-solving and creativity skills.
- Ability to accurately collect, manage and report data.
- Team-player who is capable of working independently.
- Demonstrable computer skills including use of Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work flexibly - days, evenings and weekends.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with access to a vehicle.
NFAMC embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Our objective is to attract and engage highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences, perspectives and skill sets. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the Executive Director.
Deadline to apply is December 24, 2018, 4:00 p.m. Apply ONLY by email to:
Emily Kovacs, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews for selected candidates will take place January 8-11, 2019.
Expected start date is mid-end January, 2019