Client Framework Developer
Are you passionate about technology, software and programming? Do you engage in side projects to discover and explore how to use technology in creative ways? Do you often find yourself peeling back the layers to find out how things work underneath? If so, consider joining our Client Framework team and develop your career in a growing Canadian software company.
Here, on the Client Framework team, we don’t just use generic, off-the-shelf third-party frameworks and libraries to build our UI. We build our own sophisticated, metadata-driven, custom UI framework that is geared towards our unique needs and requirements.
We are hiring at all levels. The 2 most important qualities we look for in developers are thirst for continuous learning and a high attention to detail. While specific skills are secondary to these qualities, a deep understanding of object oriented programming and design concepts is essential.
When joining the Client Framework team, you can expect to have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and debug NexJ’s client application framework
- Interact with the client and UX teams to transform and implement functional and technical requirements into code that follows established best practices and is robust, scalable and production-ready
- Help maintain and extend NexJ’s reporting engine based on Jaspersoft’s JasperReports Server technology
- Contribute and eventually transition to the development and maintenance of NexJ’s next-generation lightweight, modern and responsive client framework based on Google’s Material Design
Requirements (although not required, possession of, and/or a willingness to learn and become proficient at the following is highly beneficial):
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical degree or diploma
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithm design and runtime analysis
- Exposure to multi-threaded programming and concepts
- Experience with distributed client/server applications and architectures with emphasis on the front end
- Good problem solving skills and a willingness to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
*Note: When applying for this position, if you’re a new or recent graduate (less than 3 years), in addition to you resume, please submit any educational transcripts
NexJ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.