Application Support & DevOps Specialist
NexJ is leading the way in customer-facing enterprise solutions and we are fierce competitors. We are an established company looking to build our teams with smart people who share our love of technology and our dedication to customer satisfaction. We believe in hiring the best people – and keeping them. We promote from within and encourage pathways to the top for everyone willing to commit to us and do their best work with us.
If you want to be an instrumental part of the NexJ team and actively contribute to a next-generation enterprise software solutions company, this is your chance. We are looking for a Consultant, Deployment Solutions to fill the role of an Application Support & DevOps Specialist to take on the challenge of implementing and integrating our continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) based-solutions into our customers’ ecosystems.
So what does that mean? It means you want to be the go-to person for deploying, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting enterprise-level customer intelligence and management systems for clients across the world.
Here are just a few of the challenges and priorities you can expect within this role:
- Own it. Apply your training to implement and configure the environments and a continuous integration pipeline for our supported solutions and platforms
- Support it. You can troubleshoot issues with infrastructure or configuration
- Escalate it. You can recognize when you need some help and to whom to reach out
- Package it. You can package a release with supporting documentation
- Report it. You can generate status reports detailing your current tasks, priorities, next steps, and challenges
- Deploy & integrate it. You can independently perform the environment set-up and deployment of NexJ components and solutions, including various SSO authentication technologies, integration channels across on-premises and public-cloud infrastructure and services
- Evolve it. Review, design and enhance the tools and processes used in application deployment, system automation, and configuration management
- Research it. You can ensure due diligence has been completed with clearly articulated background information to any assignment
- Demo it. You are the SME and you are comfortable leading a lunch-and-learn or live demonstrations for both internal and external participants
Who you are:
- A university or college graduate (Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree) with outstanding communication skills, a commitment to helping people understand technology, and a passion for applying innovative technology and patterns to drive efficiency
- You have 1-4 years of experience in software development, DevOps engineering, server administration, or software implementation and support. Maybe you’ve been a technology consultant
- You possess a strong desire to learn new things, excellent problem-solving skills and abilities and are willing to tackle complex web and application server configuration issues
- You are a techie who has practical experience in and with some of the following areas and tools respectively, and the willingness to expand your toolset
- Familiarity with agile-based software development and project methodologies
- OOP, project build tools, automated test & build processes, source control including Jenkins, Mercurial, and Git
- RDB solutions including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL
- Web and application servers including IIS, Apache httpd, JBoss, and WebSphere
- Public-cloud IaaS and PaaS service providers including IBM Bluemix, AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Linux and Windows based setup, configuration, and command-line scripting
- Experience with common network protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP(S), and LDAP(S)
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange setup and configuration
Nice to haves: Experience in Financial Services organizations, such as Wealth Management, Life Insurance, P&C Insurance, Investment, or Retail Banking.
Candidates will be working directly with customers and may be required to travel (primarily within Canada and the US) for work at customer sites.
Why Work for Us?
NexJ Systems Inc. (TSX: NXJ) is a Toronto-based, leading provider of enterprise relationship management solutions to the financial services, insurance industries across the globe. 4 of the top 6 global wealth management firms chose our products and we’re breaking new ground every day pioneering new products in new verticals and emerging markets all over the world.
We actively invest in our employees, promoting from within and listening to your ideas and provide perks that include an outstanding health benefits package, subsidized membership to an on-premises gym, and free food.
Our business has been built by a successful executive team looking to engage the smartest, dynamic, and most creative people to help us deliver people-centric, cloud-based solutions to our clients.
Get the inside scoop on Life @NexJSystems or follow us on Twitter!
NexJ Systems is dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.