Summer Student - Information Management
Job Category: Adminstrative & Office Support
Bilingual / Bilingue
In the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. / Dans l’éventualité où un candidat bilingue qualifié n’est pas disponible, un candidat unilingue qualifié sera considéré.
Posting Start Date: 2020-01-06
Posting End Date: 2020-02-14
Job Grade: STU-0
Commensurate with Experience / Selon l’expérience
We are hiring students to join our Information Management (IM) Team! As a Summer Student, you will improve your skills and gain valuable work experience in your area of study by working with outstanding professionals and learning about NAV CANADA and Canada’s Air Navigation Service. As an organization focused on collaboration and team work, we provide opportunities for students to share ideas and perspectives. For NAV CANADA, the Summer Student Program is an opportunity to identify highly skilled talent for future positions.
We have approximately 200 employees on the IM team across Canada in very diverse roles managing a broad portfolio of enterprise solutions, custom applications, IT infrastructure, and security applications.
We’re looking for students who are motivated and want to work with this high performing team and are not afraid of innovation.
Interested in an opportunity with our IM team? Apply now!
To qualify for a NAV CANADA summer job:
• You must be 16 years of age or older
• You must be legally able to work in Canada
• You must be enrolled full time in a secondary or post-secondary program and returning to school in the fall
• You must have proof of your school enrollment
• If you are 18 years old or older, you must complete a police or criminal record check
Our ideal student:
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Motivated to learn and gain valuable experience
• Enthusiastic about technology
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Knowledge or previous experience with databases is an asset
• Knowledge of testing software or hardware is an asset
• Currently pursuing an education in the following programs is an asset: Computer Science, Data Science, and Technician/technologist.
How to apply?
You must apply between January 6 and February 14, 2020. Late applications are not accepted.
Most summer students start employment with NAV CANADA in early May. However, summer hiring continues through the summer months, and you could be contacted in May, June, July and August.
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.