Temporary Maintenance Mechanic
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
The Headlines :
In the Temporary role of Maintenance Mechanic working out of our Toronto Brewery, you will be part of the Maintenance Team. In this role, you will be responsible for working with High-Speed Packaging Lines / Batch Brewing - Breakdown Maintenance, Proactive Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining Krones high speed packaging equipment, notably Filers, Labelers and Packers.
This position reports to the Asset Care Team Leader and actively works with fellow members of the maintenance and supply chain departments.
The Responsibilities :
- Identify and troubleshoot repairs / installations of equipment irregularities and equipment malfunctions
- Repair and / or replace malfunctioning machinery parts through a preventative maintenance program or through ad hoc maintenance requirements
- Perform parts fabrication required with overhaul, maintenance and / or set-up
- Administer preventative maintenance and standard work orders
- Manage / Log inventory and labour reporting on a computerized maintenance program
- Perform equipment repairs and upgrades to machinery; including; welding repairs and fabrication of equipment parts as needed
- Provide effective and efficient resolution of ad hoc issues as they occur
- Other tasks as required and assigned
Work Perks that You Need to Know About :
- Hourly Wage Rate of $26..25
- Participation in our Collective Agreement
- Opportunity to work within a World Class Manufacturing Environment
- As the worlds family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is a part of our culture and who we are.
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, and Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experience.
The Other Qualifications:
- You have completed Post Secondary Education
- You are a Licensed Millwright/Mechanic (433A) within the Province of Ontario
- 3 - 5 years' experience, preferably in a high-speed packaging environment
- You have experience working with Hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, reducers, screw conveyors, belt conveyors, machinery rebuilding and troubleshooting experience; welding experience is an asset
- Possess solid understanding of predictive and preventative techniques
- You have a strong working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC's and Device Net
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong computer skills, including experience with maintenance software systems
- You are able to work rotating shifts (Day, Evening, Night and Weekends)
- You are comfortable working in environment of constant changes and comfortable working in both cold and warm climates
- You are able to demonstrate World Class Manufacturing Best Practices
- Demonstrable evidence of driving World Class Supply Initiatives to deliver on challenging objectives
- You are serious about delivering results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check (if locally applicable).
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.