Temporary Maintenance Electrician
A Career in Beer....
Founded in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is one of North America's oldest brewing companies, and we're also one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers. We have a desire to win, but always in the right way. We're looking for smart, ambitious beer champions that want to jump right in and make a difference working in an innovative brand led company committed to brewing quality products.
We are looking for a capable candidate for the position of Temporary Maintenance Electrician at our Toronto brewery. The successful candidate must have the skills and certification to perform the required duties. Candidates with the listed optional skills will be preferred. Candidates must have their provincial TQ and red seal IP certification in electrical work.
- Provide knowledge and expertise to ensure sustainable equipment performance within pre-determined performance parameters. Equipment Care and Reliability through technical skill and knowledge of Maintenance Best Practices.
- Ensures that all work is performed following brewery safety and environmental work practices within a clean work area. Familiarity with Ontario Electrical Code & regulatory standards as per O.H.S.A.
- Participates in Safety & 5S initiatives as required.
- Participates in 'Best Practice Review' to develop appropriate equipment care program for the asset.
- Participates in all equipment failure analysis and problem solving sessions and updates equipment care program (TPM) as required.
- Completes planned equipment care and RCM tasks.
- Performs proactive, predictive and preventative work as assigned.
- Participates in the work planning process.
- Performs reactive work as needed to ensure equipment uptime.
- Monitors equipment performance against developed parameters.
- Communicates equipment performance variations to operations.
- Provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Works with maintenance and operations hourly specialist re: equipment performance, work order progress and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides knowledge in regards to current shift work assignments and equipment performance variations.
- Works closely with other trades on work planning and execution.
- Communicates with other trades to ensure cross functional analysis of failures to provide effective troubleshooting and improved efficiency.
- Works with operators for failure analysis and Equipment Care Program.
- Inputs to analysis process to determine technician task transfer and trains operators on soft maintenance tasks as appropriate.
- Participates in daily shift meetings as required.
- Responsible for keeping skills current.
- Maintains effective relationships with external contacts as facilitated by the team leader.
- Performs equipment adjustments to prevent collateral damage to components.
- Champions & performs Proactive, Predictive or Preventative actions to manage all failure modes and provide sustainable uptime and equipment reliability.
- Provides knowledge in regards to continuous improvement of the Equipment Care Program, to provide cost effective equipment reliability.
Work Perks You Need to Know About...
- Hourly Wage Rate starting at $26.25
- Participation in a Collective Agreement that provides extended health and dental care and pension plan participation.
- Opportunity to work for a World Class Brewery that is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
- Be part of a company that actively supports and benefits their community.
- The things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Work within a fast paced, ever evolving Global Company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs.
The Other Qualifications:
- Completed Post-Secondary Education mandatory.
- Ontario Electrician Certificate of Qualification mandatory.
- Recognized Ontario Dual Ticketed Journeyman (Electrician 442A/Millwright 433A)preferred.
- Exposure to Root Cause tools & techniques.
- Practical knowledge of electrical predictive maintenance & condition monitoring methods.
- Good verbal and written skills: can follow and help create standard operating procedures, read equipment diagrams and charts, and participate in the training of others.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience working in automated industrial process environments.
- A motivated individual who takes initiative and follows through on commitments.
- Strong work planning skills: Able to set priorities and manage time to deliver optimize productivity and results.
- Deals with change and conflict in a constructive way.
- Works to create strong internal and external customer/supplier relationships.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.