TEMPORARY BREWING OPERATOR
Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the Temporary role of Brewering Operator working out of our Toronto Brewery, you will be part of our Brewing & Supply Chain Team. In this role you will be responsible for the brewing, fermentation and filtration of beer. This position is part of a unionized bargaining unit, represented by the Brewery Worker's Local 325. The position will work any shift Monday to Friday, and may require overtime including weekends. The position rate of pay is $16.94 per hour.
The Responsibilities :
- Assistance with brewing, fermentation and filtration of beer
- Compliance with all Quality and Safety principles and procedures (PPE, FIFO, etc)
- Housekeeping and cleanliness of work areas
- Must be willing to accept any necessary training required to fulfill work duties
- Any other duties as directed by the Team Leader
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Participation in our Collective Agreement
- Temporary Hourly Rate of $16.94, plus shift differentials
- As the worlds family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is a part of our culture and who we are.
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, and Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experience
The Other Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- 2 - 4 years' experience in Food and Beverage industry
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Comfortable working in cold and warm environments
- Is knowledgeable on all relevant hygiene, health & safety legislation (including environmental), and on safe working procedures
- Effectively communicates with teams and other shifts through log books and daily handover meetings
- Interest or experience in home brewing
- Demonstrates Molson's Success Factors- Accountable for results, Analytical and decision making, Enterprise Mindset, Interpersonal effectiveness, Communication and influence, Personal development and Embraces change
- Lives the Molson Coors values- Integrity, Respect, Quality, Excelling, Creativity and Passion
Job Posting Grade: N/A
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.