A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the temporary role of Technical Writer, you will support the Project Team and Brewery Operations team by providing technical expertise and core competencies in developing and updating operational documents and learning resources. This will include, but is not limited to, standard operating procedures and job aids that are required for training and operator use.
This position reports into the Fraser Valley Brewery's Project IM Lead and works closely with the People Development Specialist and Project PEAK Start Up Team members representing the various Supply Chain areas, including Brewing, Packaging, Warehouse, Maintenance, Utilities, Quality and Environmental Health and Safety. This role will be partially based out of the current Vancouver brewery, and partially out of the new Chilliwack brewery, so all applicants must be comfortable with travelling to Chilliwack once they are transitioned to the new brewery. This temporary opportunity is anticipated to last approximately 6-10 months.
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to gain in-depth understanding of the procedures and documentation requirements for developing and updating operational documents and learning resources that are required for the various Supply Chain areas of the new Fraser Valley Brewery that is in Chilliwack, BC
- Develop and update a variety of operational documents and learning resources according to defined standards and templates.
- Review documents with Subject Matter Experts for accuracy and completeness.
- Co-ordinate and ensure required documents are available for delivering training.
- Publish and monitor the documents according to the document management standards established for the Brewery.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers. As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- BA/BS in business or technical preferred.
- 2-4 years of working experience; preferably experience managing and writing SOP's.
- Strong interviewing and research skills as well as ability to analyze and gather information from multiple sources to develop and update operational documents and learning resources.
- Attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce clear, concise, comprehensive, and accurate documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft software programs, Word, Excel, SharePoint
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.