Technical Packaging PM
In the role of Technical Packaging Project Manager working out of our Toronto location, you will be part of the Project Management Office. The Technical Packaging PM role is designed to provide Packaging Technical support to the Commercial teams to implement Brand driven promotional programs that include in-case or near pack items of value to excite consumers about our brands. The role is corporate based and will work with project teams to idenfiy and define appropriate functional requirements of the promotional items. Additionally, this role works closely ork with suppliers to approve the items and provide instructions for the Breweries and/or co-packers to ensure the inclusion of the promotional item in a way that does not compromise the quality or performance of the beer package. If new packaging designs are required, the Technologist will work with the Packaging R&D team to quality and roll out the new package design. In addition to the technical packaging, this is a hybrid role with Project Management of key commercial initiatives. In this regard, you will also be accountable for leading teams towards the brilliant execution of commercially focused projects at a national level. Projects would range from those relating to Innovations, Imports, National Rebrands, Value Savings & Optimization, In-Case Programs, National Promotions, Product re-formulations amongst others. This dynamic position will provide the ideal candidate with the opportunity to manage commercial projects end-end from both a project and packaging perspective.
Management of techncial packaging aspects of branded promotional projects as directed by the project manager. This would entail:
- Evaluation of objectives/deliverables in the operational/commercial context - seeking of clarification as necessary. Management of stakeholders (internal & external) requiring strong communication skils to articulate/influence situations. Logical/scientific planning, recording & reporting of trials. Review & interpretation of data to facilitate decision making on next steps. Pulling together all of the above information sources and communicating in a clear, concise and compelling manner in order to achieve 'buy-in' and therfore deliver projects
- Ownership of Governance Systems & Procedures relating to packaging activity (e.g. In-case item qualification, Packing Instructions, Reporting Documentation, Trial Authority) as required. Technical ownership on behalf of Project Managers. Drive processes in order to ensure delivery of 'brilliant execution'. Requires a keen eye for detail and a strength of character to challenge stakeholders.
- Work with other Supply Chain departments (Procurement, Operations, R&D, Logistics, Planning, Compliance) to implement programs at Breweries and copackers meeting all Food Safety, Heath and Safety, In-case Security and Quality requirements.
The Other Qualifications!
- Diploma in a scientific curriculum or equivalent work experience.
- Degree, preferably Science/Technology, Design or math based.
- Specific professional packaging development qualifications would provide a distinct advantage
- PMP Certification preferred; PAC Certification preferred.
- Beverage packaging operations experience, Proven experience with project management.
- Self starter, enthusiastic and motivated - determination to engage with the business and make a positive difference.
- High capacity to learn & retain information, genuine desire to drive self-improvement via contribution to the business.
- Capable of working within a team, on own initiative and with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, idealy within the areas of packaging development or design, either directly or in a support capacity.
- Project Management experience would be a useful tool for the role.
- The ability to multi-task/remain calm under pressure, and an ability to influence others.
- Experience working cross-funtionally with Commercial organization (Sales/Marketing)
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.