Senior Financial Analyst - Trade Spend
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Sr. Financial Analyst – Trade Spend working in Toronto you will be part of the Commercial Finance Team. In this role you will be responsible for the rollout and on-going support of ZBB (Zero Based Budgeting) within the Commercial Organization. You will focus on providing detailed reporting & analysis of trade spend, as well as preparing ZBB Reporting Packages such as Sponsorships, On-Premise Trade Spend, Display & Listing Fees, etc. This will include actuals reporting, budget preparation, and monthly LE updates of Canada's trade spend. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Sales and Trade Finance.
- Collaborating with business partners to deliver the trade spend monthly LE process (showing LE & Actuals: vs PLE, vs prior year, and vs plan) for senior leadership teams. Preparation of monthly ZBB Packages (by spend type) for package owner reviews
- Track individual packages and evaluate their effectiveness using relevant KPI's and metrics, while monitoring expense coding accuracy and forecast accuracy
- Support the annual planning process (AOP) for trade spend, which includes the preparation of ZBB templates, loader files, etc.
- Support Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) work, being led by the global growth team, with detailed data inputs and analysis as required
- Meet with business partners to review LE & ZBB Packages and deep dive into specific spend areas within trade spend to identify cost drivers and aid in the analysis and improvement of spend efficiency
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
- University Graduate with a Degree in Finance/Economics/Business/Accounting
- An accounting designation or working towards the achieving of an accounting designation
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-starter, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, team player
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and also independently
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.