A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Research and Development Brewing Technologist working in Toronto you will be part of the R&D and Innovation Team. In this role, you will be responsible executing projects focused on the development of new brewing technologies, new products, processes, and materials in order to delight our customers and consumers. This role reports to the Director of R&D and Innovation and works closely with Marketing, Procurement, Compliance and the Supply Chain function at each brewery location to deliver results on assigned projects.
- Responsible for the qualification of general and novel brewing materials, and brewing equipment through global research, rigorous testing, approval, and maintenance of specifications that drive improvement to brewing performance.
- Leads product recipe design and development process and works with other Molson Coors functions and suppliers to identify brewing materials, and their specifications.
- Responsible for product prototype development used for consumer and customer testing for all brewing projects in the pipeline.
- Provides technical support such as; material expertise, brewing process, brewing procedures, and equipment operation.
- Provides effective transfer of technical knowledge from the suppliers of brewing materials of systems to the involved functional group.
- Develop strong relationships outside the company with suppliers, industry groups, and other business related organizations.
- Responsible for continuous, active search for new technologies, methods, equipment, materials and systems to drive improvement in brewing performance within the supply chain function.
- Responsible for the management of Pilot facilities, including EH&S programs, production scheduling, material ordering, SOP’s, excise taxation, and all other documentation, etc.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We’re one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering and Institute of Brewing and Distilling (IBD) Diploma (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years, minimum experience working in a production environment
- You are familiar with modern research, development and management techniques and issues.
- You hold broad knowledge of brewing, packaging, engineering and related quality issues.
- You have project leadership capabilities with excellent organization skills
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills; and can listen effectively and respond with understanding
- You have effective and innovative problem solving skills, with the ability to provide creative solutions
- You have demonstrated the ability to build strong engaged teams and effective working relationships with peers, customers and suppliers
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.