Quality Control Analyst - Temp
A Career in Beer....
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
Molson Coors is looking for a Temporary Quality Analyst to join our Vancouver brewery team as well as our Chilliwack brewery after July 2019 and will remain on the quality team until December 2019. The Quality Analyst performs monitoring, training and expert problem-solving related to the maintenance of quality assurance systems and procedures across operational units. This person works with minimal supervision and requires extensive knowledge in specialized functions of quality control. All candidates must be comfortable with transitioning to the Fraser Valley Chilliwack brewery after June 2019.
This position reports to the Quality Team Leader and works closely with the Operations team.
- Packaging Lab
- Seam checks on filled cans;
- Validation of Packaging quality on keg and can lines;
- Turbidity tests, water chlorine check, malt grind analysis;
- Post filler analyzes;
- Lead sensory panel;
- Lab Shipping and Receiving;
- Micro Lab
- Autoclave media and glassware;
- Microbiological analysis of in-process material and finished products;
- Yeast viability and yeast cell counts.
- Micro surveys.
- Main Lab
- Calibrate lab equipment
- Analyze in-process material and finished products using:
- Beer analyzer,
- Gas chromatographer (GC),
- pH meter,
- Determine sodium, CO2, SO2, chlorine content, BU, etc.
- General tasks
- Sample in-process material and finished products;
- Develop and communicate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to relevant employees;
- Participate in implementation of new projects in the lab;
- Participate in sensory analysis of finished products;
- KPI Reporting;
- Troubleshoot out of spec results;
- Investigate consumer complaints and holds of non-conforming products and provide guidance for improvements;
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly Quality Meetings;
- Participate in regular quality verifications and audits.
Shifts - Must be available to work in three shifts, 7 days a week (mainly Sunday to Friday):
- Day: 6:30am-3pm
- Afternoon: 3pm-11pm
- Graveyard: 10:30pm-6:30am
Note: Background in Food Science and familiarity with GMP, HACCP is a plus, as well as a previous working experience in a laboratory.
The Other Qualifications!
- Bachelor of Food Science Degree or equivalent.
- Must be legal drinking age
- Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts
- Related plant/laboratory experience.
- Accountable for Results - successfully manages multiple priorities
- Analysis and Decision-Making - gathers and analyzes appropriate information prior to decision making.
- Mature Leadership - self-confident and versatile leadership style.
- Familiarity with GMP and HACCP is a plus
- Communication and Influence - speaks and writes clearly, shares information with others, actively listens.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness - treats differences with respect and understanding, proactively makes connections with others.
- You demonstrate Molson Coors' Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.