Quality Analyst - Temporary
A Career in Beer….
Founded in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is one of North America's oldest brewing companies, and we're also one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers. We have a desire to win, but always in the right way. We're looking for smart, ambitious beer champions that want to jump right in and make a difference working in an innovative brand led company committed to brewing quality products.
The Quality Analyst at Molson Coors Canada supports our Brewery providing rapid and accurate analysis of beer at all stages of processing, finished goods and raw materials. In addition our Quality Analyst is also responsible for providing resource support to various Brewing, Packaging, Engineering, Quality, Microbiological, Logistics and National Office initiatives.
Rotational assignments in the following positions:
- Perform Seam checks on filled cans;
- Weekly validation of Packaging Quality Index on keg and can lines;
- CCP Verification;
- Turbidity tests, water chlorine check, malt grind analysis;
- Post filler analysis;
- Set up and lead sensory panels;
- Weekly 5S Audits for all labs;
- Non-conforming Product Holds investigation;
- Shipping and Receiving of lab samples;
- Brand Change Audits;
- STEP Observations.
- Strong understanding of aseptic technique for microbiological sample collection and plating;
- Adept at microscopy for identification of brewing spoilage organisms;
- Previous experience with use of laminar flow hoods;
- Prepare and autoclave media and glassware;
- Analyze in-process material and finished products for the presence of:
- Aerobic bacteria;
- Beer spoiling bacteria;
- Wild yeast.
- Determine yeast viability and yeast cell counts;
- Involvement in environmental swabbing for tracking and identifying contamination sources.
Main Physical and Chemical Analysis Lab
- Calibrate lab equipment
- Analyze in-process material and finished products using:
- Beer analyzer,
- Gas chromatographer (GC),
- Ion electrodes (pH and Sodium),
- Determine CO2, SO2, Free amino-nitrogen, chlorine content, BU, etc.
Shifts - Available to work in all three shifts (mainly Sunday evening start up to Friday), with the potential for overtime shifts on weekends:
- Day: 6:30am-3pm
- Afternoon: 3pm-11pm
- Nights: 10:30pm-6:30am
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fundamental understanding of GLPs;
- Time sensitive sample analysis for in-process material and finished products;
- Participate in sensory analysis of finished products;
- Daily KPI Reporting;
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly Quality Meetings;
- Participate in regular quality verifications and audits (e.g., Brand Change Audit).
- Develop and communicate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to relevant employees;
- Participate in implementation of new projects in the lab;
- Contribute to implementation of Quality, Management and Team Empowerment Pillars;
- Contribute to implementation of Food Safety System;
- Troubleshoot out of spec results;
- Investigate consumer complaints and holds of non-conforming products and provide guidance for improvements;
- Participate in implementation of 5S in the laboratories; Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
Work Perks You Need to Know About
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Opportunity to take part in industry-leading Beer Education. Our employees become Certified Beer Enthusiasts, and we offer an in-house training program that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to the things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and innovative open concept head office
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent science degree from a technical college.
- Must be legal drinking age
- Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts
- Related industry/laboratory experience.
- Accountable for Results – successfully manages multiple priorities
- Analysis and Decision-Making – gathers and analyzes appropriate information prior to decision making.
- Mature Leadership – self-confident and versatile leadership style.
- Familiarity with GMP and HACCP is a plus
- Communication and Influence – speaks and writes clearly, shares information with others, actively listens.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – treats differences with respect and understanding, proactively makes connections with others.
- You demonstrate Molson Coors' Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors Canada: Building Careers Since 1786
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset; we have an accommodation process in place. By supporting our employees' ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.