Packaging Team Lead
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Packaging Team Leader working in Toronto you will be part of the Packaging Department. You will be responsible for the leadership of brewery and people resources within the Packaging department on a day to day basis, to ensure the achievement of the brewery's vision and business plan in terms of value, quality, service and people.
You will lead shift operations in Packaging towards the vision of a high performance team culture and drive change management initiatives to continually improve both plant and process operations to meet World Class Operations Standards. You will contribute to the operations manager group on site developing short term tactics and contributing to the brewery strategy over a 5 year time horizon.
This position reports to Packaging Area Manager and works closely with the Brewing, Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Lead & manage operations to ensure all performance targets related to Value, Quality, People and Service are met in line with the business plan.
- Role model, inspire and lead the department with passion, integrity and a will to excel and deliver ever improving results.
- Own the capability of the collective team, ensuring the team always contains the correct mix of skills and technical capabilities to meet operational needs, by identifying and progressing the training and development needs of the team members against the requirements of the business within a high performance team culture.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and develop working practices and procedures that will allow the department to achieve World Class Operations standards.
- Maintain working standards to comply with all relevant legislation, eg Legionnella control, IPPC, HACCP, EMS 14001, H&S 18001, ISO 9001, BRC, COSHH. Implement World Class Practices.
- Maintain good industrial relations through effective leadership and management of people and a consistent approach to the site agreement and company policy.
- Act as part of the Operations Management team on site, taking collective actions and decisions where required and co-ordinating activity when acting locally.
- Liaise with key contacts across the Supply Chain to ensure co-ordination of activities at enterprise level.
The Other Qualifications
- BA/BS in business or technical with 2-4 years manufacturing experience OR High school/A levels or equivalent with 5-7 years manufacturing experience preferred
- General certificate in Packaging preferred
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable evidence of driving World Class Supply Initiatives to deliver on challenging objectives
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You are serious about delivering results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our How We Work Attributes
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.