Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic - Toronto Brewery
Requisition ID: 10446
In the Permanen t role of Maintenance Millwright/Mechanic working out of our Toronto Brewery , you will be part of the Maintenance Team. You will be responsible for working with High-Speed Packaging Lines - Breakdown Maintenance, Proactive Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining Krones high speed packaging equipment, notably Filers,Seamers, Labelers and Packers as well as Palletizers. This position reports to the Asset Care Team Leader and actively works with fellow members of the maintenance and supply chain departments during a rotating shift schedule (days, afternoons, overnights)
The Responsibilities :
- Identify and troubleshoot repairs / installations of equipment irregularities and equipment malfunctions
- Repair and / or replace malfunctioning machinery parts through a preventative maintenance program or through ad hoc maintenance requirements
- Perform parts fabrication required with overhaul, maintenance and / or set-up
- Administer preventative maintenance and standard work orders
- Manage / Log inventory and labour reporting on a computerized maintenance program
- Perform equipment repairs and upgrades to machinery; including; welding repairs and fabrication of equipment parts as needed
- Provide effective and efficient resolution of ad hoc issues as they occur
- Deliver vertical start-up after rapid equipment change overs
- Other tasks as required and assigned
Work Perks that You Need to Know About :
- Hourly Wage Rate of $41.37
- Participation in our Collective Agreement
- The opportunity to train and work within a World Class Manufacturing Environment
- As the worlds family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, and Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experience.
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is a part of our culture and who we are
The Other Qualifications:
- You have completed Post Secondary Education
- You are a Licensed Millwright/Mechanic (433A) within the Province of Ontario
- 2+ years experience preferred, with experience in a high-speed packaging environment an asset
- Flexible schedule to work rotating shifts (days, afternoon, overnight, weekends)
- Possess solid understanding of predictive and preventative technique
- You have experience working with Hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, reducers, screw conveyors, belt conveyors, machinery rebuilding and troubleshooting experience; welding experience is an asset
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong computer skills, including experience with maintenance software systems
- You are comfortable working in environment of constant changes and comfortable working in both cold and warm climates
- You are able to demonstrate World Class Manufacturing Best Practices
- You are comfortable working in confined space; work on heights, on scaffolding, etc.
- You are comfortable using face shields, full mask and any specific PPEs required when working with chemicals in any special situations.
- Demonstrable evidence of driving World Class Supply Initiatives to deliver on challenging objectives
- You are serious about delivering results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
As part of the recruitment process, candidates are required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check, and education verification including validation of their 433A certification
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.