A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is important. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. If you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Merchandiser working in Edmonton you will be part of the Alberta Commercial team. This position reports to Aaron Koch.
The ideal merchandiser candidate will possess great communication and leadership skills, is driven for success and has a passion for quality beer. You will learn multiple aspects of merchandising, sales, and operations, while having the opportunity to represent some of Canada's favourite brands
- Through a First Choice lens, build and support relationships with key customers, business partners, industry associations, government and suppliers
- Ensure brilliant execution by building rapport and supporting product standards
- Install/Replace/Update POP material at the point of sale according to prior agreements or based on brand strategy (racks, price cards, display units, semi-permanent display, permanent display, etc.)
- Set up displays that have been previously negotiated at head office or store level. Ensure current POP material is visible.
- Ensure Molson products are in full distribution based on store/head office compliance.
- Ensure product is rotated and check code dates to ensure no expired product is available for sale.
- Check pricing to ensure compliance and correct if necessary
- Observe and record all competitive activity and report accordingly
- Ensure product quality in assigned accounts – out of code product, torn packaging, etc.
- Manage shipping and receiving of all POS material from Molson Coors warehouse
The Other Qualifications
- You thrive on challenge. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident, diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships
- You are deadly serious about execution and take pride in a proven track record in delivering results
- You are a strong team player that can inspire others; you respect your commitments, hold yourself and others around you accountable
- You are focused on the customer; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you
- You exhibit the Molson Coors "Our Brew" values and demonstrate this daily in your actions and attitude
- Post-Secondary degree, preference for Marketing or Business related degree
- 1 - 2 years merchandising or sales experience in the Molson organization and/or other consumer packaged goods organization
- You must have and maintain a provincial valid driver's license in good standing with no limitations/restrictions.
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check and provide a driver's abstract
Molson Coors: Building Careers Since 1786
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.