A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
Molson Coors is currently searching for 4 Marketing interns to assist our brand teams in allowing us to become First Choice for Consumers. In the role of Summer Marketing Intern working in Toronto, Ontario, you will be part of the Canadian Marketing team. This position will allow you to develop practical experience and leadership skills working for a company where you can have a real impact on developing and executing local marketing strategy.
This position reports to a brand Assistant Marketing Manager and works closely with many teams within Marketing as well as maintaining cross-functional touchpoints. This person will be exposed to different facets of our marketing organization including Brand Marketing, New Product Development, and Shopper/Channel Marketing as an integral part of our marketing teams to grow our leading portfolio of world class beers. This position will begin in May 2018.
- Conduct rigorous analysis of business performance and the development of key insights and recommendations. Will also be responsible for conducting post mortems on marketing campaigns to assess their impact on the brand and the business and bringing forward recommendations on optimizing campaigns for the future.
- Support the development and execution of the brand's marketing and communications plans including advertising, social & digital media campaigns, and activation of sponsorship assets, with strong focus on project management of cross functional teams and budget control.
- Work on the development and deployment of shopper-facing tools, programs and promotions that execute in the customers point of purchase environment in both the retail and on-premise channels. Incorporating customer & shopper insights into the development of activities to maximize the effectiveness and fit with customers' needs.
- Responsible for the management of assigned program budgets including working collaboratively with finance and other functions to effectively manage and report on spend against targets and to proactively identify risks and opportunity areas within the budget.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, and discount plans
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- You are currently in your 3rd or 4th year of an accredited university undergraduate program with a core focus in Marketing and Communications
- You have previous work experience in marketing, beverages, media or agency experience
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check (if locally applicable).
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.