A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Market Manager working in Halifax, you will be part of the Atlantic Leadership Team. The Market Manager leads within the local market area by implementing brand, channel, customer and consumer strategies into their go-to-market plans to achieve volume, profit and share goals.
This position reports to Trevor Fowlow - Sales Director, Atlantic Canada and will work with a cross functional team consisting of Sales, Customer Marketing, Revenue Management, Customer Insight, Supply Chain and Finance.
- Drive, develop and implement promotional programs by applying and transforming brand marketing "key thrust" strategies. In addition to creating impactful, leverageable, channel programs which drive profitability, volume and share results.
- Develop and govern trade calendar while acting as the internal gatekeeper for all programs prior to market implementation and monitors sales capacity challenge. Communication of trade calendar and programs on period basis.
- Assist and provide tactical direction and input to Sales Directors for business strategy, pricing recommendations, forecasting, supply chain execution and sales performance within each region .
- Maximize the promotional agencies to develop channel specific concepts and bring concepts to life from the initial concept phase, right through to the program alignment, production, distribution & communication of program elements to the field sales team.
- Operational lead for RDR and game planning for local market. Asses all priorities and data to make recommendations for go to market strategies.
- Functional and support lead for program execution and communication to field.
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a Post-secondary degree- Preference for Business or Marketing related degrees
- You have 5 or more years of commercial experience
- Beverage/Alcohol and/or Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience is an asset
- You can assess program effectiveness as it relates to the AOP, packaging materials and supply chain, terms and conditions criteria, understanding of pricing restrictions all within provincial and federal legislation/guidelines.
- You are strategic agility, strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, analytical, ability to influence at all levels.
- You have extensive market knowledge
- You can understand and predict market trends (past and current)
- You have a broad understanding of significant part of the business including: Channel Marketing, Brand/Marketing, Demand Planning, Supply Chain functions and the regional P&L.
- You understand economic, commercial and political issues affecting the industry. Very complex market: Multi channel OP independent, Regional and National Accounts. Retail Channels Independent and Chain.
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check (if locally applicable).
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.