Manager, Environment, Health & Safety
Requisition ID: 8917
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Environmental Health & Safety Manager working in Chilliwack , you will be part of the Canadian EHS team. You will lead the implementation and maintenance of the Brewery's Environmental Health and Safety Programs and the EHS Pillar to ensure the achievement of the brewery's vision and business plan in terms of value, quality, service and people.
This position reports to the Canadian EHS Director and works closely with the brewing operational teams.
The Responsibilities :
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the EHS Caring in Action program, the EHS Pillar of WCSC 2.0 and the brewery EHS program;
- Ensure that the brewery meets the global EHS Pillar strategy and WCSC 2.0 EHS initiatives;
- Lead EHS Pillar team and other Pillars required at the Fraser Valley Brewery;
- Develop and manage the EHS annual operating budget in the Fraser Valley Brewery and manage the financials of the program (issuing POs and paying invoices in a timely fashion);
- Timely completion of the daily, weekly and monthly EHS reports as required for the brewery and the corporate office;
- Provide support to department managers and supervisors with injury claims management and return to work programs;
- Develop, maintain and administer EH&S orientation program for new employees, contractors and visitors;
- Support EHS aspects of capital project management from planning stages through commissioning;
- Ensures the Brewery Management team stays abreast of regulatory and industry changes that impacts the site. Is the liaison for EHS regulatory visits ;
- Act as resource to the Health & Safety Committee; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The Other Qualifications
- Degree/post-secondary education in Occupational EH&S from a recognized university/college
- CRSP Designation or eligibility to write CRSP examinations
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in Health - Safety and Environment in an industrial setting.
- Workplace Injury Claims management experience would be an asset
- Competency in Environmental Health and Safety Auditing
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Brewery and/or Industrial experience would be an asset
- Exhibits Molson Canada's Values: Integrity & Respect, Excelling, Quality, Creativity, and Passion
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors How We Work Behaviours
Work Perks that You Need to Know About
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained, including:
- Brand new graduated return to work maternity programs
- Workforce-leading paternity leave top-up programs
- Improved/shortened vacation accrual policies
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Opportunities for students and those aspiring to broaden their education to be eligible for our John Molson Scholarship Award
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.