Manager, Accounting and Payroll
A Career in Beer....
Founded in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is one of North America's oldest brewing companies, and we're also one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and have the hardware to prove it as recipients of 50 Most Engaged Workplaces and Canada Top Employers for Young People. We have a desire to win, but always in the right way. We're looking for smart, ambitious beer champions that want to jump right in and make a difference working in an innovative brand led company committed to brewing quality products.
The Manager, Accounting & Payroll role will be the key resource for the Senior Manager to perform all matters relating to corporate accounting for the business. This role will primarily focus on assisting with general accounting areas, including technical accounting review and support as well as overseeing the Payroll and personnel related processes and accounts in Canada. The role directly interacts with HR and Ceridian to ensure accurate journal entries are processed monthly and works alongside with the G&A Manager role to assist with cost tracking and reporting.
The role reports to Senior Manager Financial Reporting and Accounting; and oversees some areas of work performed by the Senior Financial Analyst.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Assisting with preparing general journal entries to ensure overall accuracy with month end close, and technical accounting review and support.
- Working directly with SFA to ensure accuracy of journal entries and preliminary review of key reporting deliverables such as SUMOPs, flux etc.
- Completing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations to ensure visibility, transparency and over accuracy in the financial reporting process.
- Responsible for managing all personnel related processes and accounts in Canada, including booking and approving accruals and journal entries, interacting with Ceridian and HR, ensuring completeness and accuracy of those accounts
- Responsible for account reconciliations for personnel related accounts Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of personnel related accounts
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are being costed to appropriate functions
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of personnel related accounts and fringe benefits rates
- Responsible for calculating and accruing bonus and severance plans monthly (FSM/MCIP/MSIP/ Severance)
- Variance analysis versus prior periods for personnel related accounts Monthly cashflow variance commentary for personnel related accounts
- First point of contact for Finance on all personnel related accounts to the business and working with HR to validate recruitment efforts are within allocated budgets.
- Responsible for managing headcount reconciliation by cost center and ensuring all functional heads understand the finance impact of their respective personnel structures and changes
- Responsible for managing LTIP processes for Canadian employees
- Responsible for flexible and non-flexible benefit plans Responsible to reviewing and approving journal entries regarding Specials for retirement incentives in Quebec
- Responsible for managing the monthly CIBC pension adjustment, including reviewing and approval of journal entries
- Responsible for monthly actuals and forecasted restructure costs, including recording of necessary accruals and journal entries, working with HR
- Provide external audit support and Tax support, as needed
- Identify areas for improved efficiency including standardization, automation and/or outsourcing while ensuring business needs continue to be satisfied
- Responsible for managing employee and commercial beer voucher programs, including reviewing and approving orders, and preparation of related journal entries
- Preparation of the quarterly Notional Account / DC Pension adjustments based on statements from Manulife/ BlueCross
- Other ad hoc requirements and special projects, as required
Just a Few Reasons Why Molson Coors is an Employer of Choice:
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is part of the Canada's Top 100 Employers
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Opportunity to take part in industry-leading Beer Education. Our employees become Certified Beer Enthusiasts, and we offer an in-house training program that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to the things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and innovative open concept head office
- Participation in our Total Rewards program which includes; competitive base salary, incentive plans, annual merit review, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
If You Have The Following...We Want To Hear From You!
- University degree with an accounting designation or MBA
- Confident, proactive and a superior communicator, the successful candidate is a skilled professional with finely honed value-added customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and also independently
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods industry is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.