Maintenance Store Clerk
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, then we want to hear from you.
Molson Coors is searching for it's next Stores Clerk/Admin to support the transition and continuous management of our spare parts store and inventory from our current Vancouver brewery to Chilliwack, BC.
The successful candidate will start their Career in Beer in our Vancouver, BC brewery and will then transition to build up the new spare parts store in the Chilliwack brewery in November 2018. In this role, the Stores Clerk will support asset care planners to ancticipate just-in-time tores availitybility and establish a normal parts procurement process and a rapid procurement strategy for critical sparts to sustain our preventative maintenance program.
This role reports into the Manager of Engineering and Maintenance at our Chilliwack Brewery.
- During Transition to Chilliwack Brewery. Take the lead on the set up of the Store Room at the FVB including; layout/design of shelving, location of spare parts on shelves and in the store room, receiving and storing of initial spares.
- During commissioning and start-up, work with equipment subject matter experts to identify additional spare parts needed for new equipment in the new brewery.
- Expedite critical spare or breakdown parts as required and arrange delivery to support commissioning/start-up timelines.
- Day-to-Day Role responsibilities after the Transition to the New Chilliwack Brewery
- Work with the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) buyer to ensure inventory levels of stocked maintenance parts are kept at a level to support the Maintenance function.
- Manage the store room and inventory to ensure parts are identified and easily located, cycle counts are completed and parts are being signed out.
- Support maintenance planners to anticipate and agree upon just-in-time stores availability taking into consideration both usage rate and procurement lag time. Establish both a normal parts procurement process/schedule and a rapid procurement strategy for critical parts not maintained in inventory.
- Monitor inventory costs and parts availability of stores items maintained by outsourced contractor to ensure contracted services are meeting standards/expectations
- Develop & Implement timely parts usage and cost KPI's which reflect effectiveness of stocking levels, stores spend and parts availability.
- Manages the parts warranty system. Ensures that all incoming spares have timely warranty registration and that spare failures are exchanged under the favorable terms of applicable warranties.
- Comply with all TDG and WHMIS legislation regarding the handling of stocked and non-stock materials received or stored within the stores.
- Order stock and non-stock materials when required in support of after-hours emergencies.
- This role will also evolve into providing both administrative support to the Brewery Management team and providing relief for Payroll and Scheduling.
The Other Qualifications
- 5 years of Store room management experience in an industrial facility.
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact with Team Leaders, Trades & Operations
- Experience working with SAP
- Solid basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Mechanical/Electrical trade background would be an asset.
- Some Payroll and Scheduling experience.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.