Junior Buyer, MRO (Temporary Contract)
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Junior Buyer, MRO working in Toronto, ON you will be part of the Maintenance Planning & Inventory Team. This role will provide procurement support to the Sr. MRO Buyer with regards to routine purchases of MRO Parts and Services. In addition, the Junior Buyer will process orders for inventoried and non-inventoried materials and services required by the Toronto Brewery Asset Care and Operations Team ensuring both optimal costing and availability. Finally ,the Junior buyer will provide support to the Global Business Services Accounts Payable Team to ensure timely remittance against invoices in support of MC/Vendor relationships. This Junior Buyer role is anticipated to last a duration of 6 months (July 2019).
- Accurate and timely processing of purchase orders according to Molson Coors standard process. Including the creation and modification of orders in SAP (EAM), communication to vendor, management of vendor acknowledgement details, update of order and inventory (SKU) data, communication of pertinent details to stakeholders, management/maintenance of positive vendor relationships.
- Regular and timely expediting of open material orders. Includes routine expediting of orders for Inventory and Operations as well targeted expediting of specific materials coordinated with Asset Care Team plans and schedule.
- Resolution of Accounts Payable issues related to MRO Purchases. Includes management of an ARIBA back-log of invoice issues, regular communication with GBS Accounts Payable Team and occasional coordinated communication with Brewery stakeholders and GBS Team, purchase order correction/update as well as the posting of receipt transactions against orders.
- Management of Blanket Orders for specific Asset Care-related Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) material and service purchases.
- Coaching/instruction of casual users in the procurement functionality of SAP(EAM). Includes support of their efforts around purchase requisition creation/modification/approval routing/tracking as well as resolution of their Accounts Payable issues backlog.
The Other Qualifications:
- Practical experience with business procurement; CMMS/SAP (EAM) system experience is preferred
- PMAC or CPP certification is considered an asset
- 1-2 years of procurement or buying experience
- Strong organization skills and detail orientation
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of the Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.