Field Sales Manager
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is important. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. If you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Field Sales Manager working in Calgary you will be part of the Western Canada Commercial team. The person will lead, manage, coordinate, ensure and check delivery of the sales plan, execution standards and financial budget in assigned market by continuously and purposefully managing, delegating, checking, coaching, training, reviewing and evaluating the sales representatives, and through personal contact with key customers.
This position reports to the Area Sales Manager, AB and is responsible for leading and managing a team of Field Sales Representatives across Calgary. You will also work directly with the Western Canada commercial leadership team and as well as other cross functional managers and leaders.
- Fulfilling the sales and financial plans to deliver on targets as measured by profit, volume, distribution, POC Execution and call coverage.
- Ensure compliance with trade spend resource allocation including planning, business case proposal, approvals, and regular management within area of responsibility
- Manage relationships with key customers and builds activation plans and sponsorship programs within region to ensure delivery of sales plans and targets.
- Involved in setting, cascading and tracking of sales targets for the relevant period of time (month, week, day) as per company standards
- Implements daily/weekly/monthly meeting cadence provide relevant sales performance, market situation, and competitive activity
- Holds daily morning challenge meetings and ensures targets are specific every day during morning daily challenge meeting
- Promotes an appropriate level of competition across the team to drive results, by tracking performance, recognizing wins and being responsible for disciplined follow up against the plan including taking immediate action when gaps or new opportunities are identified
- Executes In-Market Routes, including audits, coaching and top & low performing account visits
- Drives brilliant execution by ensuring Sales Representatives are constantly succeeding
- Identifies, supports, delivers, and ensures 'flash training' provided to increase Sales Representative professionalism and results
- Executes all people processes within established guidelines and policies, including but not exclusive to all elements of the people management cycle; recruitment and selection, and annual salary planning
The Other Qualifications
- You thrive on challenge. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident, diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships
- You are deadly serious about execution and take pride in a proven track record in delivering results
- You are a strong leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments, hold others around you accountable and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You are a skilled negotiator focused on the customer; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you
- You exhibit the Molson Coors "How We Work" values and demonstrate this daily in your actions and attitude
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant field
- You have 5 years' progressive experience in sales and key accounts management in the consumer or direct store delivery industries;
- You have a minimum of 5 years' people management and team leadership experience
- You currently have and maintain a valid driver's license with no limitations/restrictions. You will be asked to provide us with a recent copy of an MVR (Driver's Abstract)
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- We're an international Brand Building Company that still understands our roots as the world's family brewer
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, discount plans and an Employee Assistance Program
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.