Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
In the role of Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Specialist you will be supporting EH&S Manager and entire facility in assuring site operates is in EHS compliance with regulatory requirements, MCBC EHS Global Standards via the EHS Pillar and WCSC 2.0 EHS initiatives. The EH&S Specialist uses and practices shop-floor solutions-oriented approach based on knowledge of MCBC EHS requirements, regulations, business operations and safety/environmental good practices and works with operations to transfer knowledge and skills to leads and shop-floor in ensuring implementation and imbedding of correct practices, encourage identification of and adjustment to unsafe practices. The EH&S Specialist provides support to line leads and supervisors, organizes trainings to assure EHS knowledge is cascaded to shop-floor. The EH&S specialist is aware and up-to-date on regulatory changes and educates them and their impact to middle management with focus on practical solutions.
- Responsible to lead the development, maintenance and implementation of specific, site EHS program elements as directed by the EHS manager with minimal oversight. As such, assists in implementing forward thinking EHS efforts (risk-based and compliance) that support delivery of YOY reduction of injuries and environmental impacts. Is an active member of the EHS Pillar team or another designated team via WCSC 2.0.
- Work with the site teams to provide EHS situational support to develop teams to own their EHS issues. Able to train and coach in situational EHS challenges in different site areas, provides support and recommendation for risk elimination. Qualified to perform and support site team in performing and implementing EHS risk assessments.
- Assist EHS manger in ensuring current EHS Regulatory and MCBC requirements are implemented in full. Identify EHS non-conformances and help develop corrective measures from both internal and external audits. Support and ensure operations implement the corrective measures in a timely manner. As directed by EHS manager supports Operations in their interactions with regulatory agencies.
- Identify, co-ordinate, support and conduct EHS training. Skilled in Incident management. Facilitate, support and coach thorough incident investigations, proper root cause analyses and development of corrective actions. Expert in EHS systems use and training (for eg. GovernIT or other).
- Working with employees and team leaders to build EHS knowledge.
- Maintain an effective liaison with local regulatory authorities as required.
The Other Qualifications!
- Certificate / Diploma in Health & Safety, Environmental Science/Studies or Engineering.
- Working towards CRSP EHS professional qualification.
- Diploma / Degree or equivalent in Occupational Safety and Health and / or Diploma / Degree in Environment.
- 3-5 years EHS experience and good knowledge of EHS impacts in manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Union experience an asset.
- Strong knowledge of environmental impacts, health and safety risks in consumer goods or other manufacturing environment.
- Workplace injury claims management and Return to Work experience.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.