Category Manager - Commercial Merchandise
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and sellisng our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers- we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Procurement Category Manager to work in our Toronto office. The Category Manager is a business partner to stakeholders who will be responsible for leading overall sourcing, strategy development, vendor management processes and execution of the Molson Coors strategic branded merchandise plan. This includes ownership of the local/regional categories, category strategies and executes at the local/regional level by brand/ segment aligned to stakeholders. Responsible for project management, inventory, 3rd party warehouse provider, DPO optimization, cost savings goals, analysis, improving processes and local supplier management.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects with an annualized spend responsibility of approximately $20 million
- Managing merchandise categories of intermediate complexity. Leads all negotiations as related to these categories.
- Executes category strategy through local sourcing, working closely with Global team, buying and contract management. Owns contract compliance once agreement is signed.
- Managing regional and national suppliers, including scorecarding and actively monitoring KPI's. Responsible for delivering category results on a national level.
- Managing a large number of supplier relationships across multiple merchandise categories.
- Maintaining a cost savings target and cost avoidance target as defined by the Category Lead.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with numerous stakeholders across the Canadian business unit.
- Managing stakeholders and the ability to business partner with senior level internal stakeholders aligning on company priorities and needs.
- To provide information and operational support services to global procurement, to enable Category Managers to operate at optimum levels. This is achieved by working closely with stakeholders, actively seeking out business need requirements, building category supply market knowledge and being able to communicate such information in a timely and effective manner.
- To be actively involved in Procurement initiatives and projects, with the job holder supporting team efforts as well as achieving individual objectives.
- To be responsible for all negotiations and category management, along with supplier relationship management, ensuring supplier performance is continuously improved. Will also be responsible for gathering fact base and being the face of the supplier to internal stakeholders.
The Other Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills to deal with a multitude of stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder engagement is a requirement for this position.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation preferred
- High level of proficiency and systems experience with SAP and Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presenting complex information to varied audiences
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Fully bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
- Strong understanding of the beverage industry is desirable
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.