Brewing Team Leader
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Brewing Team Leader working in Toronto you will be part of the Brewing Operations Team. Within this role you will contribute to the success of Molson Coors Canada by directing the production team to achieve standards related to Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Reliability, Corporate Responsibility and Cost in relation to our WMolson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the worldorld Class Operations Processes and Procedures. In this role you will be responsible for leading unionized employees. This role requires shift working hours.
This position reports to Phillipe Taylor, Brewing Area Manager and works closely with Brewing Operational Teams, World Class Supply Chain Manager, Quality Assurance and Procurement.
Leadership & Management:
- Demonstrates a Servant Style of Leadership; for example, asks "How can I help you deliver results today".
- Adapts their personal leadership style to suit different occasions/situations/people.
- Takes total responsibility for results
Planning and Control:
- Interpret production schedule requirements and organizes and deploy people, plant and material resources to execute the plan.
- Interpret non direct production requirements, such as Asset Care, 5S, Focused Improvement, Training, and to similarly deploy resources to make it happen.
- Monitor performance and progress against planned requirements and take corrective action when things go wrong.
- Continuously ensure standard procedures are followed and that there is adherence to quality and Safety Health and Environmental Standards.
- Coach team members to identify and spot abnormalities and non-conformances.
- Facilitate root cause analysis for persistent problems.
- Engage with Multi Discipline Team meetings to raise and discuss persistent performance issues. Improve manufacturing process, Lead Improvement projects, Green Belt Skills
Team Meetings and Communications:
- The team leader needs to prepare and lead period briefings, daily team meetings and weekly improvement meetings; ensuring participation, contribution and feedback from all team members and support staff.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable evidence of driving World Class Supply Initiatives to deliver on challenging objectives
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You are serious about delivering results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You are a skilled negotiator focused on the client; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- Your education includes a University degree or College Diploma in Engineering, Technology or Science or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
- Your manufacturing experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.