Assistant Manager, Innovation- 12 month contract
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Assistant Innovation Manager working in Toronto, Ontario you will be part of the Canadian Innovation team. In this role, your primary accountability is to support key components within the development and execution of innovation initiatives that contribute towards building extraordinary brands, to deliver the company's annual operating plan.
This position reports to Manager, Innovation and works closely with with other members of the Innovation team as well as other internal stakeholders in key functions such as Marketing, Insights, Brewing, Supply Chain, Channel and Sales.
- Participate in the development of the annual innovation plan through rigorous analysis of market performance and the development of key insights and recommendations for the business.
- Assist in the building of project business cases to help validate long term viability of initiatives.
- Support the delivery of key innovation initiatives through the Molson Coors Stage Gate process.
- This includes participating in the development and stewardship of gate documents, calendar prioritization, volume impact and ongoing collaboration through the process between channel marketing, supply chain, finance and sales to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of innovation initiatives.
- Play an integral role in the development of new product launch marketing and communication plans.
- Responsible for conducting post mortems on innovation projects to assess their impact on the brand and the business and bringing forward recommendations on optimizing future product launches.
- Monitor new product introductions from competitors locally and in other markets to contribute to the ideation of innovation opportunities and maintain a solid new product pipeline.
- Anticipate market trends, economic conditions and adoption criteria that are ideal for product introductions.
- Work closely with the Innovation Marketing Manager/Senior Innovation Marketing Manager in stewardship of concept and creative development, project management and budget management.
- Responsible for supporting the overall management of innovation project budgets including working collaboratively with finance and other functions to effectively manage and report on spend against targets and to proactively identify risks and opportunity areas within the budget.
- You have a University degree- preferably with marketing focus
- You have a minimum 2-3 years brand marketing experience
- Additional agency and/or sales experience considered would be considered an asset
- You are experienced in alcohol/beverage or consumer packaged goods
- Your entrepreneurial mindset, energetic leadership and strong influencing skills are unsurpassed
- You are driven to make informed decisions and strong problem-solving skills
- You have strong business fundamentals and communication skills
- Your track record of delivering business results and ability to manage project details while motivating a team is supreme
- Experience leading cross functional teams through new product development projects an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.