Assistant Manager, Innovation
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Assistant Innovation Manager working in Toronto, Ontario you will be part of the Canadian Innovation team. This is a team of strategic and creative marketers who have a keen entrepreneurial spirit and they are looking for someone equally driven to join their team. In this role, your primary accountability is to support the development of new and exciting products, as well as the execution of innovation initiatives that contribute towards building extraordinary brands to deliver the company's annual operating plan. With this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the next big beverage launch in Canada!
This position reports to Innovation Commercial Lead and works closely with other members of the Innovation team as well as internal stakeholders in key functions such as Brand Marketing, Insights, Channel Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain.
- Support the development and execution of new product launches and their marketing and communication plans, including media, on-premise and retail channels, as well as social & digital media. Includes collaborating with internal teams and external agency partners to ensure programs are integrated in on-premise and retail channels.
- Working closely with the cross-functional team and agency partners throughout concept development, creative development, liquid development, project management, execution, budget management and post mortems. We develop amazing new products as a team and we have fun doing it!
- Participate in the development of the annual plan through rigorous analysis of business performance and the development of key insights and recommendations for the business.
- Working with our amazing roster of agencies on the day to day management of creative, PR, media, and research projects.
- Participating in the development and stewardship of gate documents, calendar prioritization, volume impact and ongoing collaboration through the process between channel marketing, supply chain, finance and sales in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of innovation initiatives.
- Support the building of project business cases to help validate long term viability of initiatives.
- Responsible for conducting post mortems on innovation projects to assess their impact on the brand and the business and bringing forward recommendations on optimizing new product launches for the future.
- Support the delivery of key innovation initiatives through the Molson Coors Stage Gate process.
- Responsible for the overall management of innovation project budgets including working collaboratively with finance and other functions to effectively manage and report on spend against targets and to proactively identify risks and opportunity areas within the budget.
- You have a University degree- preferably with marketing focus
- You have a minimum 2-3 years brand marketing and/or innovation experience
- Additional agency and/or sales experience would be considered an asset
- You are experienced in alcohol/beverage or consumer packaged goods
- Your entrepreneurial mindset, energetic leadership and creativity are unsurpassed
- You are driven to make informed decisions with your strong problem-solving skills
- You have strong business fundamentals and communication skills
- Your track record of delivering business results and ability to manage project details while motivating teams is supreme
- You're experienced leading cross functional teams through new product development projects
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.