Summer Student, Property Tax Services
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Property Tax Services team as a Summer Student. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll monitor markets and legislative changes to ensure that clients are utilizing all available programs and incentives to maximize tax recovery potential on real estate.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist in conducting real estate market studies
- Regularly collect data and investigate the validity of sales transactions and financials from various sources, i.e. third-party platforms, published reports, internet research, direct contacts, interview, news articles, and etc.
- Liaise with municipalities, real estate brokers, developers, landlords and tenants to ensure information is collected or verified that will assist in the annual determination of real estate values
- Provide a consistent, high level of client service based on client needs, including response to requests in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Assist in determining real estate values using various appraisal methods
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Support the design and development of high-quality deliverables including proposals, engagement letters, reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
- Pursuing a related post-secondary degree, i.e. business, real estate, property assessment, urban studies, economics, finance, or law
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong writing and presentation development skills
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation and see opportunities to improve it
- Ability to learn and understand the foundations of property assessment and impacts to the taxation of various property types, i.e. commercial, industrial, multi-residential etc.
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!