Summer Intern - Financial Analyst
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Summer Intern - Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team for a 4-month term beginning May 2018. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Providing strategic financial leadership throughout the firm, our Finance team supports services to achieve MNP’s business objectives. We deliver transaction processing, reporting and analytics to support all aspects of the firm and manage all financial activities with expertise and precision.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work collaboratively with team members to provide insightful analysis that is action-oriented and aligned with strategic objectives
- Prepare management reports that contain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of moderate to advanced complexity
- Gather strategic insights from financial and operational data and present findings to management
- Contribute to MNP’s budgeting and forecasting process
- Develop and document processes while incorporating Budget & Finance best practices
- Provide support to Regional Managing Partners, Service Line Leaders and Executives
- Maintain a solid understanding of systems to support analysis and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Contribute within a team environment and demonstrate leadership capabilities in mentoring junior team members
- In the process of completing a BComm, Finance, or Accounting degree
- Related experience working in a financial analysis role would be an asset
- Experience with KPI/report development/analysis would be an asset
- Experience with budgeting and strategic planning
- Intermediate to advanced system application skills
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills with Tableau, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with data warehouses, PowerBI, and Hyperion or OneStream are an asset
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment considered an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.