Summer Articling Student, Assurance and Accounting
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking leads to endless opportunities.
Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as a Business Systems Analyst. Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by designing, developing and maintaining innovative, high-quality solutions that are defining the way MNP does business.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Elicit, analyze, document and validate business requirements using a variety of tools including research, interviews, document analysis, and process analysis with an understanding of how to derive user stories and features from analysis models
- Establish the accuracy, completeness and relevance of requirements to create viable specifications and acceptance criteria for solutions
- Liaise between multiple business and technology teams to analyze and assess system functionality and capabilities.
- Work with operations SMEs & stakeholders to fully and clearly understand system functionality
- Develop in-depth working knowledge of Firm programs and systems and their integrations
- Develop knowledge of user’s business and technology needs to facilitate discussions at a peer level
- Identify opportunities to improve technology systems that positively impact the business
- Support and participate in developing innovative approaches and solutions to resolve issues
- Work on multiple projects in parallel guiding the development team with required system documentation, Test Data, Demo Videos, UAT, and anything that is required for timely delivery
- Work closely with product owners, project managers, subject matter experts, and technical leads to create solutions that best deliver value to stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture and envision possible solutions in addition to the detailed tasks necessary to complete the project or sprint
- Facilitate consensus on scope, design, and implementation decisions
- Draft technical and conceptual reports and correspondence that are clear, succinct, well organized, and relevant to the reader
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate requirements gathering workshops and collaboration with business stakeholders, both in person and remote
- Excellent requirements gathering skills, ability to capture business processes using both existing process documentation and process walk-throughs with the staff performing the process
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, and SharePoint.
- Experience working with application development teams on in-house built applications is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft O365 platform (SPO, Power Apps, Dynamics 365) is an asset
- Experience with wireframing or UI prototyping tools is an asset
- Experience working on previous system integration projects is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with Azure DevOps is an asset
- Business consulting experience is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!