Solution Delivery Specialist - Agriculture Products
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking leads to endless opportunities.
Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as a Solution Delivery Specialist. Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by designing, developing and maintaining innovative, high-quality solutions that are defining the way MNP does business.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of programs and projects related to MNP’s extensive Agriculture service line, the Solution Delivery Specialist acts as a trusted partner to the business and strives to deepen relationships with internal stakeholders based on trust, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery
- Engage with stakeholders to gain a holistic view and understanding of the business including its challenges and opportunities
- Collaborate with leaders to build road maps aligned to the business’s strategic vision
- Ensure quality and relevance of applications, leveraging the software to deliver on business needs while staying current and ahead of technological trends
- Evaluate and identify opportunities for improvement of existing applications from both a business and technical perspective to meet needs within a changing business climate
- Work with vendors of third-party applications through all project stages including discovery, assessment, selection, proof of concept and full implementation
- Create long-term product roadmaps to schedule updates and releases 6 to 12 months in advance; project manage implementations
- Prioritize feature requests and work items in conjunction with Technology management to ensure the timely delivery to users while ensuring efficient and effective use of development resources
- Manage the product backlog to track incoming feature requests or changes (via tickets, project intake forms, etc.), document technical and business requirements and ensure proper sign-off
- Consult with the internal Change Advisory Board and senior leaders on release schedules and communicate and liaise with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure build process is followed consistently
- Write clear and concise work items from which developers can write code
- Proactively lead change management activities with impacted users regarding new tools, upcoming changes and product releases
- Evaluate and identify opportunities for improvement from both a business and technical perspective to meet needs within a changing business climate
- Drive forward project tasks including the adoption of digital products and processes to ensure goals are achieved in a timely manner
- Learn new applications and advise the business on best practices
Your Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in project management in a technology-focused role
- Experience with change management related to software implementation
- Ability to synthesize information to understand the larger impact to the business and users and provide recommendations to improve overall functionality and optimization of a proprietary, business-critical application
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum or formal Application Lifecycle Management
- Knowledge and understanding of the agriculture industry or agriculture technology considered a significant asset
- Excellent written communication skills and previous experience in technical requirements documentation
- Ability to liaise effectively with partners, executive team, senior managers, internal stakeholders, and key decision-makers
- Previous development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure DevOps, Jira or Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) considered an asset
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!