Senior Accounting Technician, SINP
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accounting Technician for our growing SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our SINP team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter and other applicable forms in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Understand and interpret financial statements and corresponding notes
- Set-up client files and assist with administrative planning
- Investigate and identify discrepancies/ irregularities in financial documents and reports
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Vouch and assess appropriateness of assurance evidence
- Clearly document evidence from testing and conclusions made
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Coordinate and participate in the delivery of due diligence services and prepare quality evaluation reports
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Successfully obtained an Accounting certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major considered an asset)
- Entry level to two (2) years of accounting related experience
- Completion of a professional accounting designation or educational equivalent is considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have strong financial and analytical capabilities
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently
- Be familiar with due diligence and forensic procedures
- Have a strong financial background with the ability to understand and analyze business financial statements
- Be fully bilingual in both English, Mandarin (oral, reading, writing/typing)
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.