Senior Accountant, Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS)
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS) team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned. TAAS consists of a group of dedicated national team members who specifically handle technical projects including new accounting standard implementation, loan staff engagements, complex transaction accounting, expert witness reporting and IPO readiness.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation for clients
- Identify accounting issues within contracts and agreements
- Prepare financial statements and corresponding notes
- Apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Clearly document evidence from testing and conclusions made
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!