Senior Accountant, Canadian Corporate Tax
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing Canadian Corporate Tax team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our Canadian Corporate Tax team reviews and works with all facets of a company’s corporate structure, including executive remuneration and payroll taxes, to help clients meet all of their tax compliance and reporting requirements – both domestic and foreign – through a full range of Canadian corporate tax compliance services.
ROLE @ MNP
- Assist with the audit of the tax provision for financial statement reporting purposes
- Responsible for the completion of tax returns (corporate, partnership and trust) and other reporting requirements.
- Participate in the review legal documents such as articles of incorporation, purchase agreements and amalgamation agreements
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address tax compliance issues
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Develop and apply knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act and related legislation
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing tax returns and other work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
Skills and Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in public accounting or tax
- Experience in the preparation of domestic tax compliance as well as research and documentation of tax issues
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!