Manager, Indirect Tax
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Manager for our growing Indirect Tax team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our Indirect Tax team develops tax-minimizing strategies that help businesses formulate, implement, and manage indirect tax issues.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Collaborate closely with Senior Managers, Partners and Service Line Leaders on various Indirect Tax mandates
- Lead small to large-sized engagements
- Participate and contribute to service line calls and meetings
- Collaborate with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on client related tax issues
- Regularly assist with consulting mandates
- Interpret and demonstrate Indirect Tax legislation (GST/HST and PST) on moderate to extremely complex issues
- Identify new, external tax opportunities
- Develop a strong network of external professionals for business development purposes
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law or other related field
- Master’s Degree in Tax or completion of CICA In-Depth Tax course
- 5 years of experience in public practice
- Flexibility and willingness to travel throughout Canada
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!