Junior Analyst, Corporate Insolvency
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Junior Analyst for our growing Insolvency team. Committed to helping all stakeholders through financial challenges, MNP Limited is one of the largest insolvency practices in Canada. For more than 50 years, our experienced team of Government-Licensed Insolvency Trustees and advisors have been working collaboratively with lenders and debtors at all levels to help protect their interests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Obtain and analyze all necessary mandate information from various sources
- Compile, review and analyze data
- Prepare schedules, reports, cash flows and other documents pertinent to the department
- Respond to stakeholder queries
- Assist in administering sale processes and debt recovery
- As appropriate, work with stakeholders including management, creditors, lawyers and government agencies both on the phone and in-person
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend professional development courses, seminars, workshops and meetings on a regular basis
- Identify and initiate relevant courses for self-development
- Liaise with external and internal team members and ensure client information is processed in an accurate and timely fashion and according to pre-defined milestones
- Possess a recent undergraduate business degree or combination of advanced post-secondary training
- Relevant professional experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in a professional services industry is ideal
- Experience using Ascend software would be considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.