Intern, Regional Human Capital
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking an Intern to join our Regional Human Capital team for an 8 month term beginning January 2020 until August 2020. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Dedicated to cultivating our firm’s unique culture and values in the workplace, our Regional Human Capital team leads people initiatives throughout the firm. Committed to attracting, hiring, developing, retaining and rewarding talented team members, we ensure MNP stands out as an employer of choice. From professional development to total rewards, communications to employee relations, we advise, facilitate and support the business by providing exceptional service at every level, in every market, today and in the future.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document. Applications for this role will need to be submitted before midnight on September 18, 2019.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support the Human Capital (HC) team through the administration of Learning and Development, Campus Recruitment and Database Administration
- Assist with campus recruitment administration, coordination and logistics (organizing materials, catering, registration, documenting student attendance, etc.)
- Participate in campus recruitment events (firm tours, social events, etc.)
- Print and review student applications
- Utilize acquisition and social media platforms to build a talent pool
- Provide assistance for recruitment and selection; ensure all documents pertaining to the recruitment life cycle of team members are accurate and processed in a timely manner
- Coordinate logistics and post job requisitions
- Produce job offers and conduct reference checks
- Prepare and distribute interview packages
- Provide onboarding support and assist with orientation of new team members
- Ensure training arrangements are in place for the facilitation of L&D programs (coordination of on-site logistics, equipment, catering, registration, course materials, etc.)
- Manage and maintain the Employee File Conversion Process (converting all hard copy data records to electronic files in our HC Database)
- Maintain accurate and timely filing of HC correspondence, invoices, receipts and office records
- Compile statistical reports and metrics on programs such as campus, compensation data, etc.
- Create new files and records as necessary; add new material as required
- Handle administration for the security of employee records and appropriate retention periods; eliminate unnecessary or outdated materials, destroy or transfer them to inactive storage according to file maintenance and legal guidelines
- Update reports, recruitment calendar, tables, interview schedules, etc.
- Work in collaboration with HC colleagues in the implementation of HC initiatives
- Perform other HC tasks as assigned
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Enrolled in or completion of a post-secondary degree majoring in Human Resource (HR) Management (or related field)
- Previous HR experience is considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with willingness to learn additional software programs
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.