Intern, Digital Advisory (8 month or 12 month terms)
What do you think of when you hear the name MNP? Most likely tax and accounting, but as one of Canada’s largest consulting organizations, we’re so much more! We’re also serious about technology.
Make an impact with our Digital Advisory team as an Intern for an 8 month or 12 month term. This diverse team of tech-savvy problem solvers understands clients’ unique needs and embraces the possibilities technology brings to an evolving business landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll enable clients to anticipate, innovate and adapt to fast changing digital landscapes and preferences with a digital strategy that drives meaningful results, creates value, optimizes performance, reduces costs, enhances growth and mitigates risk.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
This position requires the successful candidate to be based in either Calgary or Toronto and be expected to go into the office at least 3-4 times per week.
What you will do:
- Consulting Services Design
- Help the team design service plans around client’s needs advertised or offered by potential clients by:
- Using previous proposals to create the base of a response
- Checking our proposal content and formatting against client requests to ensure we meet and exceed their expectations and needs
- Helping ensure proposals are submitted in a timely and efficient manner
- Engagement Planning
- Collaborate with the client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary, and advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Fulfill project management and coordination role, tracking project budgets, deliverables and scope
- Conducting Business and Technical Analyses
- Assist in the delivery of IT consulting services from both a business and technical perspective
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) procurement and implementation
- Gathering information by participating in the preparation and facilitation of interviews and focus groups
- Preparing correspondence, technical report and surveys
- Conducting detailed research, interpretation and analysis of the data gathered
- Supporting the design, development, formatting and proof-reading of the resultant reports, proposals and presentations
- IT Process Reviews
- Data conversions
- System architecture review
- Tech infrastructure
- System configurations and optimizations
Skills and Experience
- Working towards the completion of a relevant technical program (e.g., computer science, math, business)
- Working knowledge of:
- Web application development using modern application frameworks such as Angular and ASP.NET MVC
- RESTful API design and development for the purpose of system integration
- Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- SharePoint and Teams management and automation
- Database development using SQL on Microsoft platforms
- Microsoft Azure Cloud as a platform for application development
- Experience in client service
- Knowledge and interest in software design and implementation
- Some Travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!