Intern, Cyber Security & Privacy
What do you think of when you hear the name MNP? Most likely tax and accounting, but as one of Canada’s largest consulting organizations, we’re so much more! We’re also serious about technology.
Make an impact with MNP Digital and our Cyber Security team as an Intern, Cyber Security & Privacy. For over 10 years, MNPs’ Cyber team has been supporting students going through co-op programs, with many of these Interns accepting full time opportunities with MNP after their program had ended. As part of the co-op experience, you will be exposed to a variety of different areas of Cyber Security including Risk Management, Security Architecture, Offensive Security & Incident Management and Privacy & Data Protection. We will provide you with foundational skills so you can go on to build your experience to investigate threats, develop policies and enhance infrastructure to minimize the impact of security-related events.
At MNP Digital, we’re a team of highly skilled and creative thinkers that continuously support and learn from each other. We pride ourselves on translating our clients’ challenges into real results by leveraging technology – and that all starts with having the right people to deliver. We’ve created an environment where you’ll continuously grow, always have a voice and collaborate on work that’s meaningful and fulfilling. If you’re ready to take your career into your own hands, you’ve come to the right place.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document.
- Participate in the delivery of cyber security services including risk assessments, compliance audits, maturity assessments, policy and procedure development and incident handling and response exercises
- Assist in delivering industry and technical expertise in information security through client interactions, research and analysis, reports, technical work, management presentations and proposals
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate audit documentation, reports, data and flowcharts
- Document detailed process and control explanations and prepare findings and recommendations
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and tools to improve existing work processes
- Select and conduct a work term project and report that provides both a learning opportunity and lasting impact to the Cyber Security Services team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Working towards post-secondary education in a related field
- Enrolled in the Co-op program at your post-secondary institution
- Working knowledge of information security control frameworks including ISO27001/2, NIST 800-53/800-171, PCI DSS and CIS CSC
- Working knowledge of incident handling and forensics techniques
- Exposure to risk management frameworks including OpenFAIR, ISO 31000, ISO 27005 and NIST 800-30
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!