Designated Professional, International Corporate Tax
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing International Corporate Tax team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our International Corporate Tax team helps multinational businesses in Canada, the U.S. and other foreign jurisdictions address their cross-border needs and reduces tax exposure.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Participate in international corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, worldwide tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues for Canadian entities carrying on business in foreign countries
- Assist organizations in deciding which corporate structure will be the most effective from a tax perspective in different countries – subsidiary, branch, or joint-venture partnership; as well as assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing that are efficient
- Responsible for the delivery of industry and technical expertise relating to complex off-shore tax and assurance issues through high quality deliverables such as: client interactions, reports, technical work, and management presentations
- Assist in performing due diligence or modeling with respect to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of international subsidiaries, partnerships or business operations
- Review domestic/international federal and multi-state corporate/partnership information returns
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.)
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in international corporate tax compliance
- Experience working within U.S. or international personal, partnership, trust and corporate tax within public practice is considered an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare and Tax Cycle
- Completion of in depth tax course is preferred
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!