CPA Articling Accountant, Enterprise Risk Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to provide you with the coaching, mentoring and feedback required to launch your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a CPA Articling Accountant for our growing Enterprise Risk Services team.Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Enterprise Risk Services team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop technical skills in areas such as: internal controls over financial reporting, enterprise risk management and internal audit
- Develop and apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Obtain and review documents from third party sources for audit process
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses and manage multiple files simultaneously
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, and deadlines
- Perform internal controls testing in areas such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital asset acquisition and disposition and payroll in a professional manner
- Vouch and assess appropriateness of audit evidence for expenses
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry through experiential learning with clients
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Learn about key financial systems of clients and how to analyze risk
- Raise identified client issues that need to be addressed with managers and engagement partners
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
- Study for CPA while working; effectively manage both work and studies
- Obtainment of, or working towards a Commerce or Business Administration degree (Accounting and/or Finance major preferably) or a degree coupled with the completion of the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Prerequisite Education Program (PREP)
- Eligible to enroll and begin the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) upon commencement of employment
- Previous accounting related office experience is an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is desirable
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to portray business acumen
- Some travel will be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.