Coordinator, Regional Human Capital
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Coordinator to join our growing Regional Human Capital team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Dedicated to cultivating our firm’s unique culture and values in the workplace, our Regional Human Capital team leads people initiatives throughout the firm. Committed to attracting, hiring, developing, retaining and rewarding talented team members, we ensure MNP stands out as an employer of choice. From professional development to total rewards, communications to employee relations, we advise, facilitate and support the business by providing exceptional service at every level, in every market, today and in the future.
This position is based in Thunder Bay and will also provide remote support to our offices in Kenora, Sudbury, Timmins, and London, ON.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume as one (1) document by 9:00am EST on Monday, March 25, 2019.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide assistance for recruitment and selection, ensure all documents pertaining to the recruitment life cycle of team members or Partners are accurately and timely processed
- Produce job offers and conduct reference checks
- Conduct exit interviews and manage Firm terminations as appropriate, produce documentation, ensure proper Human Resource Information System (HRIS) updates and link to payroll
- Coordinate logistics and post job requisitions
- Utilize acquisition and social media platforms in order to build a talent pool
- Respond to internal and external inquiries while promoting equal employment opportunities and internal awareness
- Complete administration of compensation, regional promotions, transfers and annual performance evaluations
- Lead, coordinate and deliver orientation and manage onboarding logistics
- Integrate new MNP offices and team members to the Firm’s standards and policies
- Connect with Firm Human Capital (HC) and peers in regions to drive a “One-Firm Approach”
- Prepare presentations for MNP internal business; lead and facilitate workgroups, teams and meetings
- Serve as a link between senior leadership, Partners and team members by managing inquiries, employee relations and educating on self-service options
- Escalate interpretation of policies as required
- Compile statistical reports and metrics on programs such as campus, compensation data, etc.
- Provide support to payroll teams to manage payroll issues
- Maintain accurate and timely filing of the Human Resources (HR) correspondence, invoices, receipts and office records
- Create new files and records as necessary, add new material as required
- Eliminate unnecessary or outdated materials, destroy or transfer them to inactive storage according to file maintenance and legal guidelines
- Handle administration for the security of employee records and appropriate retention periods for documents
- Communicate disability management matters with MNP Group Benefits as required
- Manage employee data records for team members - manual files, payroll and HRIS
- Ensure that HC services are delivered within the framework of MNP’s Learning and Development (L&D) programs
- Ensure training arrangements are in place for the facilitation of L&D programs (coordination of on-site logistics, equipment, catering, registration, course materials, etc.)
- Coordinate Needs Assessment process
- Participate in Human Resources Associations as required to maintain professional standards
- Attend relevant workshops, seminars and conferences and apply learning to workplace
- Completion of post-secondary education and possess accreditation with HR specialty or related academics
- One (1) to two (2) years of demonstrated HR experience preferred
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies & Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.