Content Specialist, Learning and Development (Bilingual, Fixed Term)
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Content Specialist to join our growing Learning and Development (L&D) team on for a fixed term opportunity. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Positioning the firm for success, our L&D team develops and provides high quality, engaging and effective learning opportunities that inspire excellence in our team members and add to the success and strategic growth of MNP.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Work closely with the Instructional Design team to develop and manage the written content of our learning materials ensuring learning objectives are met
- Liaise with subject matter experts, stakeholders and the instructional design team in the overall development of training material
- Review and evaluate subject matter content (i.e. the flow, terminology, clarity, consistency, and instructional efficacy) to ensure it meets the needs of the learners to continue to meet the needs of the learner
- Edit, proofread, expand and organize text-content training materials
- Develop and establish standardized curricula format and templates for course material and facilitator guides
- Provide expertise in adapting current curricula to alternative delivery methods, such as e-learning, face to face, self study, etc.
- Ensure all written communications meet L&D style guide standards (i.e. consistent style, tone, approach), reviewing new and existing training materials, and participating in peer reviews
- Develop an understanding of content nuances for MNP, generally accepted accounting and auditing standards, regulatory standards, services and industry specialty groups
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve L&D development processes and training initiatives
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Creative Writing or Journalism
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of written communication experience
- Excellent written and spoken English, able to translate complex concepts into appropriate language for a wide range of learners with varying backgrounds
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment, particularly a national accounting or consulting firm, considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience organizing complex information and content from a variety of sources into a coherent and logical outline and narrative
- Experience in supporting curriculum development or previous training experience considered an asset (i.e. use of ADDIE content development methods)
- Effective time management skills and ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in French considered an asset
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off, firm sponsored social events, bonus program eligibility, exclusive access to perks and discounts, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!